Monday, April 27, 2009

Fashion Tip #2 - Matching Colors


A very simple technique I like is to match colors. When I dress I usually think about what color I want to be the main attraction. Usually I would try to restrict my outfit to three colors only. The primary color is the main attraction, what I want others to see first or take notice first. The secondary color should complement the primary color well. The third color usually serves to complement the second color or maybe it just ends up being there due to the items I'm wearing. For example, looking at the above picture you can easily see that baby blue is my primary color. The baby blue in my shirt and my shoes is what I want people to notice. The secondary color would be black as it goes well with anything. And my third color would be white since you can see it in my shoes, shirt, shades. Usually you can't go wrong if you stick with only three colors that work well together - mainly one strong vibrant color and two other neutral colors to complement it. That way you can be sure that the items you want to stand out will definitely get the attention they deserve without worrying that it clashes with any other item.

If you look closely, my shirt shows the head of a Gundam. XD Usually I choose to have less surface area of my primary color because I want it to stand out by being small and different colored, not dominant. However, in this case my whole T-shirt is my primary color and it worked out alright. Sometimes you wouldn't want your primary color to also be the most dominant color of your outfit in terms of surface area, it just wouldn't look that good. You wouldn't dress yourself up in primarily one color right?

No comments:

Post a Comment