Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fashion Tip #1 - Matching material/textures


Mini self shoot I did today, featuring tip #1 - same material/texture. I'm not really a mix and match kinda guy, I prefer having a certain theme/look that I want to convey. What's important in this look is having leather texture. Since my Y-3 shoes are made of leather I had to find another item that is also leather to match them. I chose to wear a leather rider jacket because I felt it went very well with the look I was trying to achieve. The upper body leather complements the leather shoes. However, when matching materials/textures you do not want to over do it. Like you wouldn't plaster yourself all in leather from head to toe now right? Sorta of when you try to picture a typical Harley's motorcycle dude all decked out in leather - it just doesn't look good. Therefore if you choose a certain material/texture to be the main theme of the look, stick to 2 or 3 items of same material/texture only. Anymore and you'll just look silly.

I realized a lot of people's self portraits are boring. I wanted to have fun while taking pictures, so I tried some different poses. Erm... if you're gonna hate on this, I'll tell you this now "just because you're afraid of doing things in this world does not mean others aren't, so either respect it or fuck off - or suck my dick, that'll work too".


Attempt at bicycle kick FAIL. CATFAIL.

I probably would have looked cooler doing the matrix pose.

The running man pose. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment